Does it seem like you just can’t do anything to get rid of your persistent cold? You’re right. There is no cure for the common cold. However, there are remedies that can bring relief from the symptoms that are making your life miserable.
Sometimes, the remedy for a prolonged cold is simpler than what you can find in a medicine bottle! Despite what the cold medicine commercials tell you, you can actually tackle your annoying cold by using ingredients you have at home.
TRY THESE EASY, EFFECTIVE, NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR A COLD.
Try these effective remedies you can employ at home to experience relief:
1. Increase vitamin C intake.
Vitamin C increases the body’s resistance to colds and decreases toxicity that can prolong a cold. Vitamin C is found in oranges, lemons and other citrus fruits. Alternatively, you can simply purchase some inexpensive, effervescent vitamin-C tablets at the grocery store. If you have sore throat as well, you might also try making a hot drink with the juice of 2 – 4 lemons and a teaspoon full of honey.
2. Drink garlic soup.
As gross as this might sound to some, drinking garlic soup is perhaps one of the most surefire ways to get rid of that cold. Garlic has great properties that help to clear up the respiratory passages. The soup also helps to flush cold-producing toxins out the body.
- Boil three to four cloves of chopped garlic in just one cup of water.
- Drink once daily until the cold subsides.
- Drink the mixture once a week thereafter to prevent the symptoms from resurfacing.
To freshen breath after ingesting garlic, try eating a sprig of parsley or a dandelion leaf.
3. Drink ginger soup.
Ginger is also a great remedy for getting rid of a cold and may be easier for you to swallow. It has some of the same benefits of garlic, and you’ll experience relief in no time!
- Cut a piece of ginger root into small pieces and boil in a cup of water.
- Strain and add sugar to sweeten. Stevia is a natural sweetner that’s great for this!
- Drink the mixture twice daily until the symptoms disappear.
4. Increase turmeric intake.
Fresh turmeric could be the answer to your persistent cold, especially if you have other symptoms like throat irritation. Here’s how you could approach turmeric intake:
- Put half teaspoon of turmeric powder into a ladle.
- Pour a serving of milk over it and allow it to boil.
- Drink once or twice a day.
5. Avoid Solid Foods.
While you’re experiencing the symptoms of a cold, try abstaining from eating solid foods and fill your diet with juices made from fruit and vegetables. You’ll get the direct impact of antioxidants found in these products that can tackle the causes of the cold. Plus, abstaining from solid foods will allow the physical body to spend its energy healing, versus digesting complex foods.
Other Ways to Release a Persistent Cold!
- Taking a mild sunbath every day – sunrise to 12 pm each day is the optimal time!
- Deep breathing in fresh air – nourish your body with nature’s remedy!
- Taking brisk walks – getting your energy moving will help release cold toxins faster!
- Take a detoxifying bath – add fresh ginger or peppermint (or their essential oils), which will help you perspire and release toxins.
- Center and ask your divine, internal self for assistance in releasing the sickness – Focusing on the underlying issue that manifested as a cold can help the situation from reoccurring.
Nurture Yourself Year-Round!
Once you’ve totally recovered from your cold, maintain a well-balanced diet thereafter. Aim to eat natural food items as opposed to processed foods. Pack your diet with healthy, cold-fighting foods like fruit, vegetables, seeds, and nuts. Just think about it… for those of us who aren’t farmers, you have to buy food from the grocery store anyway, so why not buy those foods that are healthy for you all year round? That way maybe you won’t ever get sick at all!
In most cases, the natural methods produce better results than commercial cold medicines, so in no time, you can expect your annoying cold symptoms to go away for good!
To your vibrant health,